How we are governed

A little bit about the Ragabonds. A sort of "who we are and what we are doing" thing.

Moderator: Site Team

Forum rules
Clean and truthful please.

How we are governed

Postby Tigger » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:24 pm

This site is run as a despotism with hints of anarchic meritocracy.

All decisions related to the site are down to me but I generally poll people for opinions where possible. I take more heed of the active collectors who raise lots of money than I do those who whine and moan on the side lines.

Decisions about the group (those not related to the site) are made by a quorum of the ten pound round. Basically whenever enough of us get together at a raid to make the cost of the round be over a tenner there is enough to make a decision. All decisions are non binding for any members not present and may change as more rounds are purchased.

We are a bunch of friends first and foremost. We aren't a clique who eye newcomers with suspicion, because we are always keen to make new friends. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but those who haven't proved their commitment might not get listened to as much as those who have spent time in the top half of the totals board.

We have terms and conditions on the site, they were there when we started and fill a page that would be otherwise empty. Our only term or condition is that you treat this place like a room full of mates. Quoting terms and conditions or rules and regulations will probably get you smacked with the banhammer*.

We also have a privacy policy on the site, not sure why. Because this is a site for a bunch of friends we have exemption from the Data Protection Act so don't bother quoting that to us either (see section above about quoting rules and the banhammer). We don't share personal information but if it's posted on here it's considered "out there" and you'll have a job putting the genie back in the bottle. We require your real name as it helps us prevent spam or fraud and we require an email address so the site can notify you of stuff. We don't share the email addresses with anyone without your permission and you can set your preferences on what you want the site to email you about.

*not an actual hammer
"Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised."
- from Dan in Real Life (2007)
Tigger
Award Winning Jailbreaker

Re: How we are governed

Postby Tigger » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:17 am

Update to sharing policy.
We will shortly be implimenting a system which allows you to sign up to events with one click. If you are signed up to an event the following profile fields are automatically shared with the organiser of the event:
Your name
Your email address
Your mobile number

This is pretty standard information for an event organiser to need so we would hope you have no problem with it. If you do please talk to me about it. If you don't want to share this information you don't have to use the one click signup button.
"Instead of telling our young people to plan ahead, we should tell them to plan to be surprised."
- from Dan in Real Life (2007)
Tigger
Award Winning Jailbreaker

Return to About us