what? why? where? when? how?

A little bit about the Ragabonds. A sort of "who we are and what we are doing" thing.

Moderator: Site Team

Forum rules
Clean and truthful please.

what? why? where? when? how?

Postby Mr J » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:41 pm

what do we do?

mostly we collect, and quite well even if we do say so ourselves, we cover a fair chunk of the country and all things being fair we cover a lot of ground, see the map: totals.php

we also marshall at mega-raids cos sometimes we're more use to the charities if we count or bucket swap

we offer advice to Rags and Charities, we haven't just covered a lot of ground but a lot of events too, so often you'll find guides on UKRag.org.uk written and contributed to by us, some of us work for charities, have been Rag Sabbs, Chairs, Raids Officers ...

we even run a few events: Meningitis a Trois and Hogmoney being the biggies
wasn't me, no i was somewhere else,
Mr J
Stomper of Peons

Re: what? why? where? when? how?

Postby Mr J » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:48 pm

why do we do it?

because we still can, we're still good at it and critically we still want to

we don't want to waste all the knowledge and skills we've developed when we could still use them and help charities and rags to go forward by sharing it

because we still actually enjoy it, we get to meet up with people who care about the same things and want to make a difference

to put something back into Rags that we've gotten so much out of so we help with the guides on ukrag.org.uk http://www.ukrag.org.uk/guides/index.php/Main_Page
Last edited by Mr J on Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wasn't me, no i was somewhere else,
Mr J
Stomper of Peons

Postby pandamonium » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Where do we do it?

The 'Hotspots' where most of us live, are in the Manchester, Reading & Bristol areas. Others are dotted around the country in Nottinghamshire, Kent, Yorkshire & Northumbria.

However we're always ready to travel for a decent cause!
If you should never mix the grape and the grain, can someone please explain muesli?

The voices in my head may not be real, but they still have some good ideas!
pandamonium
Founding Father

Postby pandamonium » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:30 pm

When do we do it?

We'll go out pretty much exclusivly on a Saturday to collect, as most of us work during the week.

Having said that if you have a big event on and need our help during the week we can try and get holiday time. This needs to be advertised well in advance to give us the maximum possible chance of helping you out.
If you should never mix the grape and the grain, can someone please explain muesli?

The voices in my head may not be real, but they still have some good ideas!
pandamonium
Founding Father

Return to About us