Introductions

A little bit about the Ragabonds. A sort of "who we are and what we are doing" thing.

Moderator: Site Team

Forum rules
Clean and truthful please.

Re: Introductions

Postby Machine » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Hello,

I'm Siobhan, also known as Shiv I joined 'Bonds in 2007 while i was at Leicester uni as the RAG didn't raid that much.

I lived down in Surrey for a while and worked for Diabetes UK before moving to Manchester to work as a community fundraiser for Marie Curie Cancer Care covering Cheshire & North Staffs.

I generally split my time between collecting and counting on raids nowadays when i make it out and can normally be found in the pub after with a pint of cider or a glass of wine.

I like music, especially going to gigs and festivals, reading, films, trampolining, going to the pub or wandering round a castle, museum or other heritage site.

Oh and i got the nickname 'Machine' on my first collection cos i never stopped.
Give us an hour. It will help someone in their final hours
http://www.mariecurie.org.uk/daffodil
Machine
Gaelic Beauty

Postby Mills » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:33 pm

I'm Mills.

Joined the Ragabonds back in 07, when warwick declined to come to LUG and furthermore, refused to count my total towards their overall. And [as always] the bonds extended a friendly and helping hand.

I usually collect in the clown costume; something that started right back at the beginning with a chancely met Adam George wood challenging me to beat my own Pb using his multi-coloured wig. Having never collected in costume before I found it an to be highly enabling and did beat that pb, winning the challenge with the wig as my reward. Costume accreted from there with the final touch being Panda's suggestion of full makeup.

EDIT: I now have a Disquietingly Pink outfit too.

I'm based in Kent and usually game for anything.

Had a bit of a hiatus over the last year, but now I'm back and want to make my mark all over again

Everything bad you've heard is probably true, but so is most of the good stuff.
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing
Mills
Valuable contributor

Postby Alex » Thu May 12, 2011 2:51 pm

My name is Alex Brown. I started fundraising with Bath Rag from my first week at Uni and I haven't looked back* since.

I met various Ragabonds at raids, megaraids, conferences and they seemed a like-minded (if slightly strange at times) bunch to me. I joined the message boards mostly so I could find out about raids I wouldn't otherwise get to hear about, general banter and (of course) to have an easy way to to make a map of my totals. After much grooming coaxing I joined up "properly" just before graduating.

I'm based in Bath at the moment, but will travel pretty much anywhere if the permit and likely company are worth it. I will collect for almost any cause if I think it will work and it'll be fun.

Especially if it's for/against meningitis. Then it's personal.

Likes: Collecting at the bottom of escalators. Bending the rules. A spot of geocaching here and there. Unlikely donations. Horizontal timewarping.

Dislikes: Poor excuses for not donating. Being made to wait for travel expenses to be repaid. Getting relationship advice from other Ragabonds. The inability to follow simple, clear instructions.

*this has nothing to do with a wake of destruction and chaos, I promise.
Some say he has never actually lived in the UK.

Bananas believe in children.
Alex
Valuable contributor

Previous

Return to About us